Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh, Good to be Home

The trip was great. I got back late Wednesday night and boy was I tired. Car rides aren't very fun for me. I tend to get butt cramps, but that's another story. Washington was fun, as always. I've seen just about all the sights before (including the Holocaust museum where I swear I talked to the man who was killed not to long ago), but I stayed with my aunt and my 2 year-old cousin Kyle. He's a funny kid who has a liking for green beans and Nirvana and bears a striking resemblance to Joe Pesci. I saw the little guy once not long after he was born and he's grown quite a bit. Washington itself was a blast. It rained a little, but I can't complain. I had a conversation with a homeless Vietnam War vet underneath a bus waiting booth during a rainstorm. Good to know we're treating our vets well, especially in our nation's capital. Through it all, there's no denying the best of going on vacation is that first step you take into your house when you get back home - at least for me. I'm more of a homeboy who's probably going to live the rest of his life in some little town in Pennsylvania.

I was sure to overwork myself the first day I was home. I've begun construction of a video game discussion forum. It's something I've thought about doing for a long time and finally took those first steps to doing it. It's not quite finished yet, but I'll announce when it's ready to be open to the public.

After using my uncle's laptop for a bit, I made the choice to download Firefox 3.5 on my own computer. Great choice. Pages load noticeably faster than on Internet Explorer, it's easier to navigate, and spell check is a lifesaver. I'd recommend it. If you have a slower connection or a generally crappier computer, use Firefox 3.1

New Deadliest Warrior Poll every Tuesday!

12 comments:

  1. Glad you made it back safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you survived your vacation. Hope you are liking Firefox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a good car traveler, either. We were supposed to drive from Chicago to Orlando this fall, but I got smart and booked flights. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer Firefox too. I wish I had gone to the Holocaust museum when we were in DC 2 years ago. What guy did you talk to that was killed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back. i prefer FF too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish, 10+ years ago when we made a trip back east (having been gone decades) that we'd MADE THE TIME to go to Washington. I'd been there as a child, but the rest of my family has never been. And we weren't that far away :(

    Glad you had a great time, and yes walking through the door and being home again is always a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firefox is the only browser that i use. you can really push the envelope with it and it is fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back and making it home safely. I am sure you had a bad case of flat butt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacob who forgot to log inJuly 19, 2009 at 10:58 PM

    I met the man at the entrance who was killed by a Neo-Nazi not long ago. And yes, flat but sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still haven't been to Washington DC and I'm a lot older than you. I really need to go. Glad you're home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will have the capacity to uncover mainstream music and convey it spotify premium free

    ReplyDelete